Monday, January 14, 2013

Dreaming of Warmer Places




Since we are now fully into the winter months, and we received a dusting of snow here last night, all that I can think of is escaping to a warmer climate. Winter is okay, but it's not my favorite season. I'm more of a spring and autumn kind of girl. 

It's been a long time since we took a sunny holiday complete with palm trees and everything. The last time was in 2006 when we were on our honeymoon. It seems like a lifetime ago now. So over the last few days I've been in a holiday frame of mind and I've come across some cheap holidays to Majorca. I've never visited, but I hear that it's beautiful there. It's the largest island in the Balearic Islands archipelago in Spain and is located in the Mediterranean Sea. I'd love to be there right about now...but then wouldn't we all? :-) 

Majorca is a place of golden beaches and beautiful scenery and there seems to be something for everyone there, whether you want nightlife or just a relaxing time on the beach. There are also opportunities for golfing, bicycling, and diving along with so many other activities! According to my research, the climate is great and has mild winters and hot summers. I can feel that sunshine right now! This place sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

Even though I don't know exactly when we'll get there, it's still fun to do a bit of daydreaming, or what I like to call forward planning ;-) 

Have a great day!



*Sponsored post

1 comment:

Sissym said...

Dori,

And we who live here in Rio de Janeiro, we had very hot days. We dream so much, but both, with cooler days that now nonstop rains .... 8 or 800. It would be nice 80!

Kisses