Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Book Review: The Beauty Chronicles

Since I've been on my summer break, I've been getting a chance to catch up on my reading...and that's reading something other than textbooks :-) I have a stack of books on my bedside table and one on my side table downstairs, so there's always a book close at hand. I'm reading a variety of books from self-help books to laid back fiction that I've picked up here and there when I'm out and about.

One book that I've finished recently is a book that I was sent to review and I really enjoyed it. It was a book called The Beauty Chronicles - Sensorial Secrets for Redefining Human Perfection by Tina Parsons.
Tina is the founder and principal of the award winning Burghley Academy training school in Peterborough, England. At the academy training school and salon, they teach practical beauty and holistic therapy training courses. So Ms. Parsons is a very experienced and knowledgeable professional in the field of beauty.
What I like about the book is that it gives you an interesting insight into what beauty is and takes you on a journey for the senses. The pages are packed with knowledge and yet you don't feel overwhelmed by all of the information. It's like a history lesson of beauty at some points as it highlights such beauty industry luminaries as Coco Chanel and Max Factor. It's fascinating to find out more about the people behind these iconic names that many of us know. This book is a complete approach to the science of beauty and not solely about beauty from a basic visual standpoint...it gives you more than that. The thing that I love most is that everything is explained very well and is presented in an easygoing style.
The book is broken down into sections: Perception, Sight, Touch, Smell, Taste, and Sound. And within each section there are headings such as: 'The Science of the Senses', 'What is Beauty?', 'Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk', 'The Emotional Eye', and 'The Tongue Tells the Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth', just to name a few. There are numerous tips provided throughout the book that not only can help with your appearance, but they are also good healthy tips!

Tina Parson's book is a good read and it's an interesting read for anyone interested in the subject of beauty or anyone who just enjoys a good book! It's one of those books that you can refer to over and over again.

If you'd like to purchase your own copy of the book, visit: amazon.co.uk or amazon.com

Other books by this publisher can be found at bookshaker.com

*Disclosure: I was sent a free copy of this book by the publisher. All opinions are mine.

2 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

Catching up on some reading, too :) Enjoy!
Hugs from Ohio,
I.

Dori said...

Ivanhoe,
I hope you're enjoying your reading :) Hugs!