Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Great Honor


This is Brit Boy’s toy, but for now I'm borrowing it and it’s my stand-in cup of honor ;-)

I have some fun news to share. I got a lovely honor a couple of days ago. I was named as one of Alive Magazine's 2010 Women of the Year . The magazine is an online magazine whose aim is to empower women and help them identify and achieve their purpose in life. They concentrate on three words to convey the message of the magazine, which are ‘empower’, ‘inspire’, and ‘connect’. It is a very inspirational magazine and I’m truly humbled to be included in their list :-) I was truly shocked when I found out, but now I’m embracing it and I’m so grateful.

This experience has reminded me for sure that you just never know what life has in store. I was told a couple of weeks ago and at that time I had to send in some information about myself. But I was asked to keep it quiet until the other day when they released the issue. Now however, I can share it with you all :)

By the way, please check out my latest post at my new blog Yellow House Views if you have a moment. It's all about a sale that I've found out about for this weekend.

Have a great weekend! :-)

15 comments:

Patricia Rockwell said...

Bravo! Congratulations!

Brit Boy said...

Conggratulations, and so well deserved! You embody Alive Magazine's ethos of empower, inspire and connect. No-one could deserve this honour more. I am so proud of you - my woman of every year! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yippee! :O)

Jennifer said...

It really is wonderful, Dori. Yay!

Mike Golch said...

Way to Go Dori!!!!

Vixen said...

Well done! Congratulations, you are very deserving of such an award, as Brit Boy said you do empower, inspire and connect! Kudos.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congrats!!

Deidre said...

congratulations! :)

You totally deserve it.

PS Brit Boy's comment is adorable.

Mrs Sweetwater said...

WOWWW Congrats Dori. it's very well deserved. You Go Girlllll !

Duni said...

Wow! Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you, Dori :)

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations Dori! I'm quite sure there are many more to come. :-)

Dori said...

Thanks so much everyone for the congrats :) This was a wonderful surprise and I'm just so grateful that they even considered me. You all are great with your support always. Thank you!

And yes Deidre, Brit Boy is always my adorable fella ;-)

Mandy said...

Well done Dori - you absolutely deserve it of course. You are certainly quite a leader by nature.

Dori said...

Emm,
Thanks :) I was just so touched by the honor. Your comment is so kind :)

Hana Njau-Okolo said...

Congratulations! Keep doing the good work.