Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Nomination and Three Awards

I wanted to share some great news with everyone and also say thank you for some awards that I have received recently.

First, my good news is that I have a photograph that has been shortlisted by Schmap guides for inclusion in their travel guide. I told Brit Boy that even if I don't ultimately get included in the guide, I'm pleased beyond belief to have been considered :-) There's no pay for being included, but I don't mind at all. This truly spurs me on to get better and better and to learn more. I do love photography. This was a great surprise to me since I didn't submit it myself. When we returned home from our trip back to Georgia, I had an email from the editor of an ezine that I contribute to. She said that they'd seen my photo in the magazine's Flickr stream and wanted to possibly use it. Who knew :-) It truly made my day and week! I'll keep you all posted. I can understand now what actresses mean when they say it's a thrill just to be nominated...LOL. Here's my photo. It's an alternative view of St Paul's Cathedral. This is the Great West Door of this lovely place.



Also, I wanted to thank two bloggy friends for passing some awards along to me. I'm so grateful to both of them for thinking of me and my little blog :-) Both of these ladies have great blogs that I love to read on a regular basis, so if you'd like to have a couple of great reads, please stop by and visit both of them.

Judy at Sixty Is Just The Beginning gave me the My Comments Rock Award and the Dragon Loyalty Award. I love both of them because they remind me of the community aspect of blogging that I adore. I would like to pass both of them along to all of you my wonderful readers and commenters. So please take these two awards with you if you'd like.






And Patricia at Subjective Soup passed along the Superior Scribbler Award to me. I have enjoyed writing my whole life so I really love this award too. I'm so glad that she likes what I write here, because I love her writing too :-) I'd like to pass this one along to everyone also, because I love so many of your blogs and I think that they're all quite superior.




Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. Talk to you later!

17 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Dori Congrat on your awards.I just recieved 3 awards and I want to give them to you.so as Badfinger would say "If you want then here they come and get them"

Se'lah said...

Congrats on the award...I'm so happy you keep getting them. Your blog is enjoyable to many, including me.

xo

Anonymous said...

Congrats and yeah! Your pics are lovely. :O)

The Silver Age Sara said...

Dori, What exciting news you have to share. I'm really excited for you.
Congratulations on the well deserved awards as well.
I think about you often. Sorry to be so slow in visiting. Lots of changes in my life at the moment and a lot less time blogging :(
Anyway, I'm really thrilled about the picture!!!

VaBookworm87 said...

Congrats on the photo! Hopefully they pick it for the finished product :oD

If you have a chance, swing by my blog! I've given you an award!

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

Congratulations on your photo being recognizied. One day I will be able to say I knew her when:)

Georgette Jones said...

Dori,

Your photograph is great, and your blog is so stimulating. You deserve the awards!

JudyH329 said...

Dori-How fantastic about your picture! You want it but almost afraid they won't? I know you've worked hard, we'll keep our fingers crossed! Please keep us updated! You're quite welcome as far as the awards go. I do like your posts. I'm looking forward to the Georgia updates and pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dori ! How wonderful about your photograph. I know you must be thrilled.

Agnes said...

Congratulations Dori! Totally deserved.

Patricia Rockwell said...

Many congrats and good wishes, Dori

Cam said...

Congrats on the ezine photo opportunity, Dori!! I also love to take photographs and when someone else appreciates them, it is such a great feeling!!

Our part of Georgia has been rainy since about the time you departed for home. I am adjusting to this warm holiday season, as where I am from is about 40 degrees this time of year.

Thank you for your kind words at JW... Happy Holidays!

RE - RecycledFrockery said...

That's a Great Photo Sweets. good for you. your awards case is certainly bulging, most deservedly so. Happy Holidays

Operaton You said...

Congrats Dori!!! You sooo deserve your awards and how cool is it to have someone seek out using your photo!! Amazing! I'm like you, I would be tickled pink just to have someone consider me for anything!!

I hope you had a great time visiting home!!

jacqueline said...

Hello Dori,

Congratulations!!

As you know, I'm not surprised. When I read your wonderful post on architecture, I was amazed at all of your spectacular photos!! You are a GREAT photographer. You have the ability to capture the excitement and stillness of life in all of its glory. Always keep that camera handy, my friend. :-) Congrats again!!

Dori said...

Thanks everyone for your congrats on my awards and on my photo opportunity :-)

And thank you Mike and VABookworm87 for the awards. I'll be stopping by for sure to pick them up :) It's truly humbling to be offered so much by this great blogging community.

heidi said...

Congrats Dori!!! I love your blog and enjoy stopping by everyday!