Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Going Home To Run

I have some interesting news to share. I’ve been working so much on school work that I haven’t been able to blog a lot and bring this up, but….I’m going home!!! :-) Well, not to stay, but Brit Boy and I are going to Georgia for Thanksgiving week. I’m so excited! I haven’t been able to go home in over three years, so I’m really overjoyed…so is Brit Boy :-)




This is a photo that I keep looking at. It’s a photo of one corner of the fields that I used to run around and play in when I was a kid. Hey, I played there when I was a grown up too. LOL. I love that spot…I always have. At certain times of the year it’s dotted with purple and white violets. So in a few short days, I'll be going to that spot and running til my heart's content.

The structure in the distance is the red tin roof of the shed/barn that’s been there for decades…long before I was born. I used to love looking around in there when I was a kid. There were lots of old, cool things in there :-)

It will be really great to touch base back home again. It’s been so long and I’m so ready :-)I’ll get to see my four sisters, one brother, several of the thirteen nieces and nephews, and several cousins. My niece is even coming in from California to hang out, so it’s gonna be fun. A few of my nieces and nephews are rather close to me in age, so we have a shared growing up experience. I always laugh and tell Brit Boy that some of the nieces and nephews seem more like cousins to me. It will be so fun to hang out again :-)

Brit Boy and I are flying out this Friday…in just three days! We’ll be in Georgia for eight days. We want to visit with the family as much as we can since we haven’t seen them in so long. The rest of the time, we’re gonna just take a breather and enjoy :-)

I’ll do a short post on Thursday to check in. I’ll probably be bouncing up and down by then. LOL. I’ll post again when we get back and tell you all about our adventures. Have a great week everybody!

16 comments:

Brit Boy said...

I am SO looking forward to our trip. It's gonna be a blast :-)

Dori said...

I can't wait! :)

Georgette Jones said...

Dori,

I was born and partially raised in Alabama, so I truly identify with your roots, and the fun you had as a child. There is so much to enjoy and discover when nature is your playground.

Have a safe trip and loads of fun!

Agnes :-) said...

I am so happy for you!!!

Georgia is one of my favorite states. It is so incredibly beautiful.

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

I so hope you both enjoy your visit and that the weather stays mild.

Sugar Daddy Dating said...

I am so happy for both of you! Enjoy your visit there and hope to read a lot of great adventures after you come back.

LYN said...

THAT'S GREAT NEWS!! YOU'LL HAVE A BLAST...ARE YOU MAKING A MENTAL LIST OF ALL THE PLACES YOU WANT TO EAT?? THAT'S WHAT I DO WHEN I GO HOME...LOL

jacqueline said...

I'm sure your trip will bring many joyful memories for you both. It's a little cloudy today. I'm quite certain there'll be plenty of sunshine to bask in during your stay!!! Enjoy! :)

Anne said...

I hope you have an amazing trip! I also hope you have great weather for your visit so you can enjoy the great Georgian outdoors.

Unknown said...

how very exciting for the both of you. i know the feeling of coming home, it is incredible! have a safe trip and enjoy...hugz!

Anonymous said...

I'm here now...Georgia that is. I arrived yesterday and just read your post about coming home. Maybe we could meet up somewhere in Atlanta. I'll be here until 12/8.

What do you think... two expat Georgia girls living in England have to go home to Georgia to meet in person.

Vixen said...

That is such great news! Enjoy your trip, your visit home and visiting all your family. It does sound wonderful.

WillOaks Studio said...

Have a really great trip! I used to live far away and coming "home" to visit, catch up with all the extended family, was just right!

Dori said...

Georgette,
You're so right :-) I loved growing up that way just like you. It was great, wasn't it? :) Thanks for your good wishes!

Agnes,
Thanks so much :-) Yes, Georgia is really a lovely place...I can't wait to see it again.

Alicia,
Thanks and yes, I've heard you all have been having some mild weather there. I'm so looking forward to it :)

Sugar Daddy Dating,
Thanks! :) I'll definitely share all the fun when we get back.

Lyn,
Oh yeah...LOL. I've made a list and have it packed in my bag :)

Jacqueline,
Yes, we're really looking forward to it, especially since it will be at Thanksgiving time. I love this time of the year :) Thanks for your kind words!

Anne,
Thanks :) Me too...I hope the weather is good so me and my nieces and nephews and Brit Boy can play some ball. I'm gonna turn all sporty like back in the day. LOL.

PJ,
You're so right...going home is an amazing thing...it brings everything that you hold dear into sharp focus. Thanks for your kind wishes for us and hugs back to you :)

Giftsofthejourney,
So glad that you're home there already :) I hope you have a wonderful time. I'd love to meet up, but we won't be there many days, and I have like a thousand cousins to see. LOL. I wish that we could be there until the 8th like you and then we could definitely meet up :) Thanks so much for the invite though.

But never fear, once you and I are both back in England, we'll have to meet up finally. I really look forward to that :)

Vixen,
Thanks so much :-) I'm definitely gonna do my best to soak it all in. It has been such a long time.

WillOaks Studio,
Thanks a lot :) I see that you can relate too...yeah, this is just what I need right now, so I'm so looking forward to it. Have a great day! :)

Operaton You said...

Your excitement is jumping off the page! I'm excited with you and for you! It's nice knowing that you will be in my neck of the woods. Enjoy your family and your time! Wanted to stop by and say hi!

Dori said...

Vchelle,
Yes I'm very excited! :) I'm so ready. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello and for being the sweet person you are. Have a great day! :)