Sunday, November 15, 2009

Charter for Compassion

One night last week, Brit Boy and I were channel surfing and stopped to watch Christiane Amanpour’s new show on CNN International called Amanpour. I've loved her reporting from all over the world over the years, and now she has this where she does work from the studio. Anyway, the discussion on this episode was about the Charter for Compassion that was unveiled this past Thursday. The discussion was very intriguing. Here’s a video to explain what the charter is about.



We have a lot of problems in our world today and some days I just shake my head at how things are. We are continually told how dark things are and they are in some ways, but there is also light still in our world. I’ve had to remind myself of this a lot lately :-) So when I heard about this, I took a look at their site and I have to say, it has lifted my spirits.

When you go to the site, you can read about the acts of compassion that others have committed, like this one and many others. Then it gets you to think about what we all can do. Some may ask, why do I need a website or charter to make me do something that I already do or something that we should do anyway? Well the answer is, we don’t need this site or a charter…compassion is free and available to all of us every day :-) But I’ll tell ya, personally, I’ve been a bit down lately and seeing this space where you can go and find people showing their true hearts and then sharing it is powerful for me. We get fed such nonsense and negativity every day, so it’s nice to read something that lets us see the true beauty of human beings. I think sometimes we forget :-)

This is what has me smiling today. I hope you enjoy checking it out. Have a great rest of the weekend!

11 comments:

JudyH329 said...

I watched the video, compassion is definitely needed today. Along with accountability. I think we've had enough of the me & I generation! It's time to get back to the we and you. Good post!

Mike Golch said...

Dori,this is a powerful posting.I am goint to post this video on my site as well,as always I will give an acklowgemwnt and a link back to you.God Bless you and your Hubby Brit Boy.

heidi said...

I love this and found this very inspirational and much needed in todays world. Thanks for sharing Dori!! Hope you are well!

Diane said...

There are so many worthy organizations and people trying to make a difference. It's great! :O)

Agnes said...

Wow, very powerful! Thanks so much for posting it.

The Fitness Diva said...

Great concept, great idea. Although we all know how to do the nice thing, sometimes we need to be reminded and given a little push.
A damn shame, but that's the way it is! ;)

Sugar Daddy Dating said...

It is very inspirational. We need to apply this. Thanks for sharing this.

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

I just watched her show for the first time yesterday and loved it. She is one of my favorite reporters.

jacqueline said...

It's very unfortunate, but I think as we become older and wiser, our compassion begins to fade, little by little. Thanks for sharing this wonderful and uplifting video.

Ivanhoe said...

Now I'm smiling too. Thank you for the cheer up, I needed it :o)
Have a wonderful week, Dori!

Dori said...

I'm so glad that the video struck a cord with so many of you. I just knew I had to share it :) This is what I love about blogging!