Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Smoothies For Two

This is one of our favorite things around the Yellow House these days ;-) We are so into drinking homemade smoothies lately. It’s our drink of the summer. This wonderful strawberry smoothie was consumed a few days ago. (smile) Every time we have these I feel all refreshed.



One day last week, I got all creative and decided to make us a special one for dessert and I was really wanting chocolate. But we didn’t have any chocolate syrup around here. We did have something that was supposed to be chocolate, but it tasted more like caramel. We had tried it on ice cream, but it didn’t really work well. So it got shelved. Then when I was craving some chocolate to put in our drink, I thought of this strange chocolate/caramel hybrid syrup.

So I squirted some of it into the blender along with a bit of milk and vanilla ice cream and got a huge surprise. “Eureka!”, I cried. LOL. Well, actually I just said…”mmmmm”. It tasted really great. So now our weird hybrid syrup has a use in the Yellow House and Brit Boy and I can have tasty smoothies of yet another flavor. (smile) We won't have this one too often as it is more dessert-like, but we'll have to have one again soon...maybe tomorrow...hee hee ;-)

So it’s been a smoothie summer around here. It may have to be a smoothie fall/autumn too…and winter… and spring…LOL.

13 comments:

Brit Boy said...

Mmmm.....smoothies! :-) Delicious

Anonymous said...

Mmmm....it does sound yummy!

I made a delish dinner tonight following along with a chef's video on my computer for sea bass, mashed sweet potatoes, portobello mushrooms, creamed corn relish followed by homemade blackberry cobbler & ice cream.

I almost never cook so John was very chuffed.

Hitesh Rawat said...

come on.....i'm not at home ....and u made me remember smoothies.......this ain't fair.....now i have to stop by somewhere to get it.........

and also tell the hybrid you made......is it available in shops.......

woo hoo ..... \,,,/

Duni said...

That smoothie looks delicious! I could use one right now - we're experiencing the hottest day of the year today!

jacqueline said...

Mmmm. I love smoothies. They're popular around here too. My favorite. . . frozen raspberries, fresh frozen watermelon and add lots of fresh ginger. (((Refreshing))) Will be making one this morning. The best!! :-)

As always, thanks for sharing.

The Fitness Diva said...

Ohhh, it's always dangerous when we discover these tasty, delectable things! They become addictions! ;)
Sounds good, though! Enjoy, but be sure to not have one too many! ;)

Katherine said...

yummy! :-)

Diane said...

Sounds yummy and very refreshing on hot days. We are finally hitting the 90's here.

Mervat said...

Sound and look delicious! Enjoy your autumn an dwinter ones too!

Petula said...

I haven't made myself a smoothie in quite awhile. I love mine with strawberries and cherries. I think my smoothie hiatus started when my blender died then I had to get used to making them in my mini blender Magic Bullet thingy. Then I made so many that... well, you know the rest. Hmmm?? Now, I'm thinking about having one tomorrow. I always keep frozen fruit on hand just in case I'm out of fresh fruit. :)

Gianetta said...

I had some boiled peanuts today. The guy selling them had a British accent; made me think of you. :)

The Silver Age Sara said...

Oh, I love smoothies and yours sound very creative :-) Maybe a pumpkin smoothie for the fall?

Dori said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed hearing about our smoothies and it's good to know that you all enjoy them yourselves on occasion...ain't life grand :-) Thanks for the great comments.

And Hitesh, the hybrid smoothie was made from this strange chocolate/caramel syrup that we had, ice cream, and a bit of milk. It turned out to be one of our favorites :-)

Happy smoothie making to all!