Saturday, July 25, 2009

A July Saturday

I haven’t posted in a few days. I’ve been working on my homework assignments for my course in feature and freelance writing. I’ve completed my latest assignment, so I just wanted to take a moment to check in and let you all know that I’m not abandoning my blog (smile) I’m just having to learn how to schedule it all together better. I think I’ve hit upon a plan so that I can post more.

As for what I’ve been up to, well I’m sort of chilling today and enjoying the nice weather. This is the first sunny day we’ve had in a while, so I’m lapping it up. (smile) Today is Brit Boy’s day to cook, so I really love that. (bigger smile)

Earlier we watched this movie called, “They Came From Beyond Space”. It was originally released in 1967. It was about alien goings-on in rural England, so when I saw that in the description, I figured I had to see it. (smile) It turned out to be a wonderfully quirky film and Brit Boy and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s so good to have a husband that understands my love of quirky movies and things like this. But here’s the thing….he understands because he is very much like that too. We love a bit of the surreal. (smile)

Right now we’re watching this show called “Creature Comforts”. It’s a cute clay animation type show. There are these talking animals that make you laugh because they say things that humans would. I love stuff like this.

So I guess you can tell what our Saturday is about this week…kicking back. (smile) I love weekends like this when you can just do what you want, even if that’s doing nothing at all. Ain’t life grand!

As I mentioned earlier, I’m learning about balance in getting my homework done and getting my blogging done and then living the rest of my life. So today’s activities are the ones that I put into that living my life box. I think I’m gonna do okay. Have a great weekend! :-)

4 comments:

jacqueline said...

Homework. Sounds like lots of fun. :-) Keep up the good work.

Dori said...

Jacqueline,
Thanks for the support :) Yeah, I'm actually enjoying learning these new skills. I've always done creative writing and journaling, but learning how to craft a feature article and how to do other types of writing have been very eye-opening to me. It's challenging, but I tell myself that learning a new skill is like that :) I just hope to become a better writer.

The Silver Age Sara said...

Dori, You're doing better than I did certainly. When I took the writing class last winter, my blog just languished. Anyway, I know your readers will be here for you even if you post a little less for the moment because we all think you're pretty special.
Happy writing.

Dori said...

Mountain Woman,
I'm getting a bit better at scheduling these days, so I'm gonna give it my best shot :) You are so kind and thanks for always supporting me. That means so much. You're special too :)