Saturday, February 28, 2009

Plums and Parties

It’s a cloudy day here, but a nice calm morning. I love Saturday mornings. You have the whole day and then Sunday ahead of you. What could be better (smile)

I’m trying to eat more fruit nowadays, so I’ve been in the kitchen trying to decide what to have. I’m still undecided. The lay of the land is like this…we have plums, bananas, and grapefruit.




Hmm,this photo is making my mind up for me...maybe I’ll have a plum. And I’m thinking of putting some bananas into my muffins that I’m going to make later. I usually make those blueberry oatmeal muffins, but I thought it might be tasty to substitute the bananas for the blueberries this time. Brit Boy is okay with it either way…he just likes to eat them (smile).

Anyway, we’re just hanging out today around home and then we’re venturing out this evening to a surprise party. It’s for Brit Boy’s former sister-in-law. I don’t know her very well, but I guess I will after the party (smile). So it’s party night at the yellow house! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

The Silver Age Sara said...

Banana muffins sound wonderful! Well, I love bananas anyway and I feed them to my dogs as well.
Have a wonderful day and a great surprise party tonight and let us know how it went.

weechuff said...

Gorgeous grapefruits! I have been forbidden to eat them by my GP because I am on blood pressure tablets:0( I hope you enjoy your party.

Dori said...

Mountain Woman,
Yeah, I'm going to make the muffins this evening probably.

The party didn't go so well, but the birthday girl had a good time, so that was good.

You have a wonderful rest of the weekend :)

Weechuff,
I love grapefruits, especially when they are really cold. Thanks for visiting me :)

Anonymous said...

the grapefruit and plums would have made me happy! ;)

Dori said...

Fitness Diva,
I've been happy with all of them now...LOL. I've got to get some more.

Anonymous said...

Happy healthy eating!